You can find the actions you should take after the claims below:
• As the first step, you should submit a notice of claim by calling OYAK Group Insurance Customer Services through 0850 577 00 57. (i) As per the Law, you need to submit a notice of claim within 5 working days as of the claim date.
• During the occurrence of the claim, you are supposed to take necessary actions to prevent, diminish, and mitigate the loss in a way that as if you were not insured. However, do not make any change in the place or goods subject to claims and preserve the evidence and proofs relating to the claims except for compulsory situations and emergencies.
• Fill in your contact information in complete while issuing your claim file.
• Send the required claim documents to the stated address as soon as possible.
• If an expert is assigned for loss assessment, follow the instructions given by the expert.
• Keep any kind of document and papers (service form, invoice, bill) provided to you to prove all expenses and costs you have made in relation to the claim.
• Note the claim file number to be able to track the claim file easily.
• The insurance company has right to request you to file additional documents relating to the claims, therefore, send the documents immediately to the insurance company to be able to get compensation payment within the shortest time possible.
The coverage includes the claims relating to the transportation of the vehicle with licensed and charter vessels and trains to which the vehicle enters and exits with its authorizations, whereas other claims are not covered.
In case of your keys are stolen or loss, this loss may not be covered in Kasko policy since it’s not the main coverage. However, it may be included to the policy upon the request of the insured. If the policy does not include this additional coverage, then the change of lock system is not included.
Loss of profit loss may not be covered in Kasko policy since it’s not the main coverage. However, if the insured vehicle is damaged by an accident which is included in the insurance coverage (except for theft), within the reasonable repair period, transportation expenses for private and loss of profit for commercial vehicles may be covered with an additional premium with limits.
No. The Kasko Policy covers the damage to the insured's vehicle. However the damage amount above compulsory auto liability Policy (Traffic Policy) to third party vehicles/is might be covered excess auto liability coverage with the limits that are stated in the Kasko policy.
First of all, the insured is responsible to notify the insurer about the case within 5 working days at the latest as of the date s/he becomes aware of the occurrence of the claim.
• The insured should take recovery and preventive measures as if s/he is not insured and should follow the instructions given by the insurer.
• In case of theft of the car, the insured should immediately notify the authorized institutions about the situation.
• The insured should immediately send the information and documents to be used for the recourse process to the insurer.
• The estimated amount of the loss and the case causing the loss should be notified to the insurer as a written declaration within a reasonable time.
According to Premium Payment Clause of the Kasko policy, the liability of the Insurance Company starts upon the payment of the insurance premium in full, if it is agreed to be paid in cash, or upon the payment of the first installment, if it is agreed to be paid in installment. In the event that the insurant does not pay any of the installment in due time, s/he goes default. In case of a default, provisions of the Law of Obligations shall apply, and pursuant paragraph 3 of article 107 of the same law, the insurance policy shall be terminated without requiring any warning. Therefore, in case of a failure in the payment of the policy premiums within the time specified in the policy, loss claim is not provided.
Pursuant to General Conditions of Kasko Insurance having an effect on 1.4.2013, no insurance value would be stated on the policy, policies to be issued after this date: It shall be stated that “the insurance company the insurance company hereby covers the vehicle up to its fair market value applicable as of the damage date.” On the other hand, the reference to the fair market value and the calculation method of the fair market value shall be stated in the policy, in the event that there is not any specification thereof or the specification is not definite, the list to be published by Insurance Association of Turkey shall be taken as a basis.
In case of the theft of the vehicle, related authorities make investigations to find the stolen vehicle under the Kasko insurance. In the event that, the vehicle is not found as a result of the investigation within 30 days, the related authority issues a letter regarding the failure in finding the vehicle and the insurer pays the indemnity. If the vehicle is found after the payment is made, the insured is liable to inform the insurer with a written notification. The insured may return the indemnity and receive the vehicle or may transfer the vehicle to the insurer.
Yes, traffic insurance of the drawing vehicle covers the trailer, semi-trailer, or any other vehicle drawn by the vehicle. However, if the trailers are used to transport people, a separate insurance policy should be issued other then one of the drawing vehicles.
The amount can be recoursed to the insured only under the circumstances stated below:
If the driver of the vehicle, which is defective in damage, is in toxicated and unlicensed, the insurance company will recourse.
The indemnity is paid within eight working days as of the delivery of the necessary documents to the insurance company in complete.
If the accident occurs totally depending on the alcohol influence, it is not possible to pay indemnity by the insurance. The insurance company pays the necessary indemnity to the third party to relieve the damage of the third parties, however, the driver who caused the accident under the influence of alcohol, recourse this amount. In addition, even though the other party is found to be guilty by 8/8 in the accident report, indemnity payment is not affected if you are under the influence of alcohol.
Assurance account provides indemnity for bodily damages of the suffered party in the case that the person causing possible bodily injuries or death in traffic accidents does not have traffic insurance or runs away. Therefore, the assurance account cannot be used for the damages to the motor vehicles. So, Assurance Account is used for the claims arising out of bodily damages (disability and death).
According to Article 108 of Highway Traffic Law, bodily injuries caused by stolen or extorted vehicles can be demanded from Assurance Account in the event that the driving is not responsible as per Article 107 of Highway Traffic Law.
No, there is not any adverse effect. On the contrary, the notification provides a faster solution for the issue.
• Police station report
• A report issued by gendarmerie or a declaration explaining the case in detail
• Alcohol report
• Copy of the license
• The driver’s license (driver of the vehicle),
• Photos showing the damage to the vehicle
• A report issued by the fire department in case of burning of the vehicle
• Declaration of the insured
• Details of the broken glass
• An invoice if an expert is not assigned
• Bank account details to make the payment
Liability of the Assurance Account is limited with the coverage limits specified by the Undersecretariat of Treasury on the date of the accident. This coverage limit is not paid in any case; first of all, indemnity amount to be demanded by the beneficiaries is determined by taking defaults of the parties into account. The determined coverage is paid within the limits of coverage limits.
The beneficiary should apply for Assurance account in person, with a written and registered letter among two years (in any case ten years within) as of the date she becomes aware of the loss and indemnity liable.
Assurance account provides indemnity for bodily damages of the injured party in the case that the person causing possible injuries or death in traffic accidents does not have traffic insurance or runs away.
According to Highway Traffic Law and Article 14/b of Legislation on Assurance Account, damages to be claimed by the driving and driver of the vehicle causing the accident cannot be compensated from the Assurance Account.
Documents required in case of death are as follows:
•An approved copy of accident report
• Court decision, in case of events subject to trial
• Death report issued by relevant authorities
• A document stating the profession and income status of the deceased
• Original copy of register and certificate of inheritance Other documents relating to the accident Documents required in case of disability are as follows:
• An approved copy of accident report
• Original or approved copy of the hospital report
• Original or approved copy of the hospital report demonstrating disability rate
• Court decision, in case of events subject to trial
• Other documents relating to the accident
The premium deduction or increase made due to indemnity payment is followed by the operator.
In the event that an indemnity is paid due to theft or any damage to any kind of audio, video, or communication devices and their installments installed to the vehicle afterward, the coverage is terminated. Any kind of audio, video, or communication devices and their installments newly purchased can be included in the coverage by issuing an addendum of damage replacement.
Damages caused by the vehicles participating in the race are not included in the coverage; however, the organizers are obliged to insure their liabilities.
The damaged party is obliged to notify the party causing damage within two years as of the date s/he becomes aware of the damage. However, the notification should be made up to 10 years as of the date of the accident. The request to be made after this period is not valid.
• Report of an accident resulting in material damage
• Photos taken from different angles of the accident scene without moving the vehicles
• License and driver licenses together with those involved in the accident
• Accident report (Approved copy)
• Traffic registration certificate of the insured (License) and a copy of the driver’s license
• Identity register copy
•Deceased examination report and, if any, autopsy report
• Certificate of inheritance
• Certificate of death
• A document showing the income status of the deceased
• Expert report concerning default status
•A letter regarding the payment status to be made by social security institution
The insurer has the right to contact the third party claiming loss and damage compensation and to make an agreement. The policyholder is not entitled to accept compensation requests in part or in full and to make any compensation payment unless it is approved by the insurer in writing.
• Police report issued by the police station
• A detailed declaration stating the damage status (if the police report is not present)
• Copy of the license
• Bank account details to make the payment
• Original copy or photocopy of the policy
• Police report issued by the police station
• Copy of the insured’s license
•Photos of the damaged vehicle
• Bank account details to make payment
• Original or copy of the policy
• Police station application report
• A letter stating that the vehicle could not be found by the theft department
• Original copy of the stolen license/ stolen certificate (liens, attachments should be dropped)
• A Letter of clearance from the Motor Vehicles Tax Office (a no-debt letter, a letter of release)
• Original and spare keys of the vehicle
• A letter of consent if there is a lien on the vehicle (pledge)
• A power of attorney (the printed form will be notified when the stolen vehicle details are to be provided by the insurance company)
• Motor vehicle traffic documents (invoice, manufacture certificate)
• A discharge certificate by the tax office
• Copy of the license owner’s ID in case of personal cars
• Bank account details for payment
• In case of company fleet cars, tax sign, circular of signature, trade registry gazette, certificate of good standing, ID photocopy of authorized signatories
Experts are independent and are not directly employed by any insurance company. They are independent of insurance companies and are specialists in their field. Their status is certified by the Insurance Expertise Certificate issued by competent authorities.
It is essential to determine the damage correctly to be able to benefit from the insurance in case of an accident resulting in material damage. As the first step, an “Accident report” should be issued to show the location and failure rate at the moment of the accident. After you apply for insurance with your insurance policy, driver's license, photos showing the accident, your file is opened and the insurance expert comes to the service where your vehicle is located to see and examine your vehicle. Upon the approval for the repair after the expert is determined the claim amount, the repair is started.
In the event of a malfunction that causes the vehicle to remain immobile or prevents safe driving, your vehicle is transported to the nearest authorized or contracted service by your insurance company.
If your policy covers replacement vehicle, following the examination to be carried out by the expert, you can benefit from this service if your vehicle has damages that prevent it to be used and the repair time exceeds the estimated time. The duration of the service to be given varies according to the insurance companies, and you can benefit from the maximum limits given by your company regardless of the time your vehicle will be repaired.
24/7 free tow service, hotel accommodation costs or the transportation costs of you or the persons in the vehicle in the accidents you will make outside the city of your residence, locksmith service in case you lose the key to your home or workplace, Ambulance Service in case of emergency, 24/7 medical advice services are available all over Turkey.
The determination of the premium and the payment of the damage shall be based on the market fair value of the vehicle. Therefore insurance companies must specify on the policy how they determine the market fair prices and what their references are.
• If the driver uses the vehicle without or with insufficient driver’s license
• If the driver is under the legal age
• If the driver is a doubt to be under the influence of alcohol to have a mental illness
• If one or more of the vehicles involving in the accident are the property of public institutions
• If there is any damage to the property of public institutions
• If there is damage to third party properties only
• If one or more of the vehicles involving in the accident do not have traffic insurance
• If the accident results in death and/or injury
If, for any reason, the institution referred to for the fair price is not specified, the damage shall be paid according to the fair price list issued by the Insurance Association of Turkey.
Claim payments are made to the bank account number you state in the damage notice after the expert report is issued and your damage is assessed by the insurance company.
The insurer shall pay the compensation if investigations by the relevant authorities to find the stolen vehicle does not result within 30 days. (A written declaration by the relevant authority that the vehicle was not found is essential.). If the vehicle is found after the payment is made, the insured is liable to inform the insurer with a written notification. In this case, the insured may return the indemnity and receive the vehicle or may transfer the vehicle to the insurer.
According to the legislation, the change of ownership of vehicles is possible through the sale of a notary public. The name of the operator does not change for the vehicle without a notary sale. The bill between the two parties does not remove the responsibility of the seller.
If there is no 'new value' clause in the guarantees received, the depreciation is deducted.
It may be forwarded to the insurance companies as a claim, but the insurance company has the right to accept or deny this claim. It is a decision at the discretion of the company.
No, there is not any problem.
The Assurance Account recourses to the operator, driver, insurer, or the insurer's bankruptcy desk for the collection of the compensation it has paid under Article 108 of the Highway Traffic Law and Article 16 of the Assurance Account Regulation.
With the new Kasko system, the method of determining the vehicle fair price has also changed. Previously, the list issues by the Insurance Association of Turkey for the vehicle price of the Insurance Value were taken into account and the price included here was written into the policy. Now, insurance companies will be able to determine the fair value of the vehicle by using the Turkish Insurance Association's Kasko value list as well as the websites where used vehicles are sold. Insurance companies will be able to use different sources of reference to determine the fair value of the vehicle. References sources described so far include: The list issued by the Insurance Association of Turkey, Sahibinden.com, DOD, Arabam.com
Non-claim bonus will be applied. Non-claim bonus is the right of the insured who did not have any claim the first year of the policy and therefore did not receive compensation from the insurance company when renewing their policy in the following year. As no-claim years increase, so the bonus rate also increases. Bonus rates usually start at 30 percent and rise to 65 percent, although they vary according to insurance companies. Thus, the insured can make insurance by paying a slightly lower premium each year as long as no-claim status continues.
If the policy has the relevant cover note, no claim bonus remains valid for the first claim of glass and the headlight damages.
In case of an accident in which the other party is guilty of 8/8, your right of no-claim bonus will not be impaired if you activate the Kasko.
Your claim will be paid as you did not cause the accident with your fault.
Turkey Insurance Association, auto buying and selling web sites, auto markets, auto galleries, dealers, or organizations related to this subject will be taken as reference.
In the event of an accident where traffic is prohibited according to the traffic law, the insurance companies will refuse the compensation claims related to it. The Prohibition of traffic is defined as the loss of the ability to drive safely due to the lack of a valid driver's license, the use of drugs or recreational substances, and the use of alcoholic beverages according to the legislation. As long as the state of sleep and fatigue is not dependent on alcohol and drugs, compensation must be paid.
All the drivers involving in the accident are obliged to sign the report. In case of a missing signature on the report, the report is not processed and becomes invalid.
Parties can call the police if they do not agree.
By the Police should keep report written claims if have the public or third party property damages, except accident-related vehicle damages.
The insurer shall pay the costs required by the measures taken and the measures required to be taken by the insurer. However, if a certain amount of damage exemption is foreseen in the policy, the costs arising from the measures taken are paid by deducting this rate.