What is Motor Own Damage Insurance?
In it's simplest form, Motor Own Damage Insurance is an optional type of insurance that is designed to cover your losses in case your vehicle is stolen, there is an attempt to steal it, it burns down makes an accident.
- In more detail, under Motor Own Damage Insurance, the main coverage is grouped as follows as provided in general terms of the Insurance Association of Türkiye
- If the vehicle collides with motor or motorless vehicles that can be driven on highways
- Where a stationary or moving object hits the vehicle as a result of sudden and external factors beyond the control of the insured or driver both in park state or during travel, or accident that arises from hitting to, overturning, fall or rolling of such object onto the accident
- Acts committed by third parties in bad faith or a teasing way
- If the car burns down
- In case it is stolen or there is an attempt to steal it
Pursuant to new General Terms of Road Vehicles Motor Own Damage Insurance which came in force on 01.04.2013, insurance companies may offer 4 different Motor Own Damage Insurance options:
Limited Motor Own Damage Insurance: This is a product that comprises any or several of coverage groups above.
Motor Own Damage Insurance: This includes all coverage groups above.
Extended Motor Own Damage Insurance: This is a product that offers coverage for all coverage groups above along with certain risks not included in the general terms.
Full Motor Own Damage Insurance: This is a product that offers coverage for all coverage groups above along with certain risks described but not included in the general terms.
Try our comparative insurance offers, where you can find the right offer with Comprehensive Motor Own Damage Insurance for you!